shop our etsy!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

SPOTLIGHT ON........

1. tell us your name and give us the link to your etsy store.
Gina AKA SwansAcresSoap

2. where do you live and what do you particularly like about the area?

I live in central Ohio, on my own little mini-farm, in my DREAM house. I love it here! Sure, December and January are freezing, and February is the greyest, cruddiest month you can imagine, but springtime is stunningly gorgeous, as is fall. My parents are in the state, and as they grow older I find it really important to stay closer by.

3. what do you sell and why is it fabulous? give us a link to your top pick from your shop right now.

I sell soaps that are fabulous because I take great care to make them so! I use essential oils blended for *just* the right fragrance, and color only with natural colorants like herbs, spices, and clays. Mostly they're fabulous because making them makes me happy, and that shines through in each bar. They're not going to work miracles--they're soap--but they'll clean you beautifully while making your shower smell like an absolute dream. Here's a link to my best seller. It's a blend of ylang ylang, lavender, sweet orange, and rosemary. Everyone who smells it loves it. It's floral but not too girlie, and it's a little sweet but tart at the same time. Just like me! TOP PICK

4. who are your favourite etsy sellers? links please!

There are so many! I'll give you my top five, how about that?
Aroma Artisan (one of the most talented noses in the perfume biz)
Xiztance (can a girl ever have too much beautiful maille jewelry?)
Robandlean (OMG. That's all I can say) http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5197732
HauteHookedDesigns (I'm a sucker for a cute scarflette!)
TurtlePapers ('cause anyone who knows me knows I'm nuts for paper!)
CozySister (lovely, lovely jewelry and a truly nice seller!)

OK.....six. But then I'll stop. Promise!
Selene (I LOVE these!)

5. what do you like about etsy?
I like Etsy because no matter what mood I'm in, I can find something to spend my money on! :D Having a place where I can indulge my desire to buy handmade items from super talented people is wonderful, just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment